Saturday, January 8, 2011

Delightfully pleased

Tralalalalalaaa;****
"A mind at peace, a mind focused on not harming others,
is stronger than any physical force in the universe."

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! (effort to get readers hype)

It is approximately 2300:41:10 and my eyes are feeling heavy. I thought it would be a perfect time to write my first post. Right before I sleep is when I talk to myself the most... So I have a perfected diabolical plan which consists of informing you how my first semester at Utah State University went. I am well aware that we are only allowed to use the word "epic" twice a year but I am willing to use one of these two chances to describe my experience at USU.It was EPIC! All throughout high school I was never excited to be going back to school after a long, and much needed, break. However, this school has been like a second home and there is no place like home. You can argue with the fact that it was only my first semester, but you can't argue with me because I am buff -___- My first semester of college has greatly exceeded my expectations. I would definitely describe my experience as the first stage of a long term relationship. Right now we are in the stage where we are both unbelievably smitten about one another. This school has kept my interest, cared for me as an individual, and taught me a lot about myself. We are very happy with one another ;)


Socially, I have become more outgoing. I had to become outgoing to survive. There is always something fun to do on campus. I have volunteered at several events and will never get tired of Utah State talking about what they represent. It is a reminder as to why I chose to attend this university in the first place. I grew up here, in Logan, and I thought I knew everything about everyone and their babies mama. Logan might be a small town but Utah State is a WHOLE other world. It is very rare that I run into the same people over and over again. In high school meeting new people everyday would have been an overwhelming daily task for me to overcome. Now, it is as normal as shaving my knuckles (kidding).


More important though is their academics. I have not only improved on my social skills but scholastically as well. I believe that I could have had a much better experience in high school if I had the same mindset on school that I have now. That mindset is that we are all here for one thing- a better education. Who cares who dumped who, who got invited, and who cares if she has a touch screen while we are stuck here with flip phones! Although scholarships are further out of reach (because most scholarships are for incoming freshman) I still keep myself academically focused. I disliked taking classes that had nothing to do with my future career. I took a lot of concurrent enrollment classes in high school and because of that, I have most of my BREATH and generals done so history is history and good-bye art. May you rest in peace.

If you don't know by now I love this school. A piece of me would die if someone told me that they didn't want to be here. I had that feeling all throughout high school and would hate for anyone to have to deal with another tough four years. This past semester the walls of Logan have extended and I can see past main street. This new world that I have officially entered has given me a great education, life-long friends, and confidence. As a first generation student, my parents are not liking the whole "I'm going off to study and I will be back at 1 am" ordeal that they had to put up with during finals but it was worth it and they know it. :)

Stay tuned for how to open a can of pop with a feather.
(you wish, I am the only one allowed to know how to follow through with that)
peace.and.love

No comments:

Post a Comment